Match Report North Ferriby United 3-1 Leamington

After a disappointing run of 6 games without a win in the league this was a vital three points gained by the Villagers. Ferriby had been struggling to score goals but luckily they found their shooting boots and were able to put three past Leamington.
Ferriby started the game brightly and could have opened the scoring after just two minutes when Russ Fry met a cross from Clayton but he could only direct his shot onto the outside of the post. It wasn’t long after this initial chance that Ferriby took the lead. Jason St Juste was making his home debut for the villagers and he marked the occasion with a fantastic goal. He received the ball on the right hand side of the box before cutting inside and curling a shot into the bottom left hand corner to give Ferriby a 1-0 lead.
Ferriby continued to dominate and looked very dangerous every time they attacked. This attacking dominance allowed Ferriby to double their lead in the 15th minute. Good inter-play between Jarman and King ended with King receiving the ball around 6 yards out before chipping the keeper. The ball flew just under the crossbar and into the net. It was a great finish by King to give Ferriby a deserved 2-0 lead.
It was looking like the home side would totally run away with the game but the visitors managed to get a foothold in the match and this resulted in them halving the deficit in the 25th minute. Leamington had a lot of pace up front and they used this to great effect to create the goal. They broke quickly down the left and a cross was met at the back post by Stefan Moore who smashed the ball past Nicklin to make the score line 2-1
This was turning into a highly entertaining first half and Ferriby continued to create plenty of chances. Liam King had a shot from the edge of the area that flew just over the bar and Gregg Anderson rose to head the ball just wide from a Dan Clayton corner.
Ferriby got the third goal that their attacking endeavour deserved just before half time. The ball was cannoning around in the box and it eventually fell to Jarman who stabbed the ball past the Leamington keeper who couldn’t keep the ball out despite getting his fingertips to it. This gave Ferriby a 3-1 half time lead.
HT 3-1
The second half was completely different to the first with very few chances being created by either team. The match became very cagey with Ferriby keen to hold onto their lead and not take risks after not winning in their previous 6 league games. Leamington had the best chance of the half and could have got back into the game but for a fantastic acrobatic diving save by Adam Nicklin. It’s not the first time the impressive young goalkeeper has saved the day for Ferriby and hopefully it won’t be the last.
FT 3-1
This result was a welcome relief for Ferriby and allowed them to begin to climb back up the table after they had slipped to 10th following their run of poor form. Jason St Juste looks to have been a good acquisition by Ferriby as he provided pace down the wing and scored a good goal on his home debut.
Man of the Match (Ferriby): Jason St Juste.
Match Report By Sam Shepherd


About ferribyshep

Co-founder, writer and director for FanaticHull
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s