Match Report Solihull Moors 2-0 North Ferriby


Ferriby suffered a disappointing defeat at the hands of unbeaten Solihull Moors. Ferriby have been less than convincing on the road recently compared to their brilliant home form. Solihull proved to be very tough opponents who look like a side who will be pushing for promotion come the end of the season.

The first half was very uneventful, with both goalkeepers sat on metaphorical deck chairs. The game was decent enough in the midfield area but neither team could create any clear cut chances in the final third. The only real talking point was a rash challenge on Jamie Yates that went unpunished.

HT 0-0

The second half was very lively with many more chances than the first half. Ferriby dominated the early stages of the second half. Liam king had the first chance of the half when he headed a cross straight into the goalkeepers arms

Ferriby continued to press and had several chances. The next chance came in the 56th minute when Yamie Yates hit a daisy cutting shot straight at the goalkeeper. 2 minutes later Ryan Kendall missed the best chance of the match. With only the goalkeeper to beat he put his shot wide, last season I think he would have scored.

Ferriby were dominating and needed a goal to compound the period of control they were having in the game. In the 59th minute Nathan Jarman had an overhead kick tipped past the post by the Solihull goalkeeper. 5 Minutes later Ryan Kendall had another glorious chance. He collected a long ball and went round the keeper but the angle became too narrow and he could only fire straight at a defender stood on the post.

Solihull weathered the storm and began to work their way back into the game. In the 68th minute Solihull made Ferriby pay for all their missed chances by taking the lead. A long ball was sent forward and it split two Ferriby defenders, Omar Bogle burst through the middle and was brought down by Nathan Peat, a penalty was awarded and Bogle scored with ease. 1-0

5 minutes later Solihull sealed the game. Paul Robson was beaten by some silky footwork from a Solihull winger who then put in a cross that was headed home by Gary Birch to the delight of the home crowd. 2-0

The referee was letting lots of things go un-punished and because of this the game was becoming wuite ill tempered. In the 85th minute Bogle was sent off for swinging his arm into the face of Danny Hone whilst the ball was out of play.

Despite the man advantage Ferriby couldn’t find a way back into the match and Solihull eased to victory.

FT 2-0

This was the first real lesson Ferriby have been taught this season in my opinion, Solihull showed if you miss chances at this level you will be punished, it was a bitter pill to swallow for Ferriby because they dominated much of the second half but couldn’t find a vital goal.

Man of the Match (Ferriby): Nathan Peat

Match Report By Sam Shepherd


About ferribyshep

Co-founder, writer and director for FanaticHull
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s