Match Report North Ferriby 3-0 Hednesford Town

Hednesford town are now arguably Ferriby’s biggest rivals following last season’s titanic battle for the league title, so naturally this was a match everyone was looking forward to. Both sides have acclimatised well to the Skrill North with Ferriby unbeaten at home and Hednesford only conceding 2 points before the match began.

Ferriby stormed out of the blocks and took the lead after just 59 seconds. Jamie Yates received the ball on the edge of the area, He then sent a curling shot past a diving Dan Crane and into the top right hand corner of the net, it really was a sweet strike to give Ferriby a brilliant start to the match. 1-0

Hednesford are a quality side so I knew they weren’t going to lay down and die. They worked their way back into the match and almost equalised in the 12th minute. Adam Nicklin had to dive to his right to pull off an excellent divind save to deny the pitmen.

7 minutes later Nicklin was required again to save Ferriby. This time he had to dive to his left to make a wonderful save that was appreciated by everyone in the ground including his opposite number Dan Crane.

It looked like Ferriby would take a 1-0 lead into the break as the match entered first half stoppage time, this wasn’t the case however because Anthony Wilson controlled a high ball beautifully before looping the ball over Dan Crane to double Ferribys lead. It was a similar finish to Danny Welbeck’s against Moldova the night before 2-0

HT 2-0

Ferriby started the second half much like the first and almost scored in the 47th minute. The ball broke to Nathan Jarman in the box, he hit a low shot that was tipped round the post by Dan Crane who showed his class with what was a brilliant save.

The second half wasn’t as energetic as the first and had fewer chances so much of the half was contained in the midfield area. Hednesford began to press more as the half went on as they grew more and more desperate to find a goal.

Ferriby sealed the game in the 90th minute with a fantastic piece of counter attacking play, Paul Robson sent a long ball up to Liam King, he then sent a through ball to Dean Lisles who was storming through the middle of the park, with Dan Crane advancing Lisles unselfishly passed the ball off to Anthony Wilson who rolled the ball into an empty net to score his second and Ferriby’s third. 3-0

Ferriby closed out the match and deservedly took the three points. FT 3-0

This was a very pleasing display from Ferriby to make it three wins from three at home this season. The attacking play was excellent at times but I worry that we will miss Anthony Wilson’s power and finishing prowess in the next three matches. Hopefully Ryan kendall can find his goal scoring form from last season.

Ferriby have started the season very well. Ferriby sit joint third after 6 matches and have played against 4 teams currently in the top 7 so to have accumulated 13 points from a possible 18 is very pleasing.

Man of the Match (Ferriby): Anthony Wilson

Match Report By Sam Shepherd


About ferribyshep

Co-founder, writer and director for FanaticHull
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s