Match Report Ferriby 1-0 Chorley

North Ferriby took a huge step towards the league title with a nervy 1-0 win over mid table Chorley. Ferriby haven’t been amazing at home this season and look a lot better when playing away from home. This was again the case against Chorley but crucially Ferriby still managed to get the three points.

It was a nervous start to the game by Ferriby and Chorley dominated the early exchanges. Chorley could easily have scored in the first minute however a Chorley striker smashed his shot wide of the right hand post. Adam Nicklin was relieved to see the ball fly past the goal because he was stranded.

Chorley continued dominating but couldn’t get a goal and Ferriby had the next chance in the 26th minute. Russell Fry curled a free kick across the face of goal onto the left hand post, it was a brilliant effort and he was unlucky not to score.

Three minutes later Ferriby had another chance. Ryan Kendall ran into the box on the left hand side but his shot was straight at the Chorley goalkeeper. Ferriby were starting to find their feet in the game and in the 41st minute they took the lead. Ryan Kendall crossed into the box and Mark Grey was hauled down when trying to head the ball. Liam King put the ball in the net but the referee had already pointed to the spot. Kendall stepped up and smashed the penalty into the bottom left hand corner. 1-0. This was a great goal to get because Ferriby had looked very nervous in the first half.

HT 1-0

The second half was very quiet and hardly any chances were created. Nervousness was the theme of the day and it was effecting the players and the crowd. Chorley again looked threatening and Ferriby had a couple of heart in mouth moments when Chorley burst through but shot wide.

Liam king had the best chance for Ferriby in the 75th minute when he was through on goal but his chip was well saved by the goalkeeper.

The Ferriby players celebrated the final whistle like they had scored a goal such was the relief of crawling to a 1-0 win. A collective sigh of relief reverberated around the ground. Ferriby are now just 90 minutes and one win away from the league title and Blue Square North football next season. It is fair to say that the home game against Ashton on the final day will be a very nervous affair but I am backing the Villagers to complete the job.

FT 1-0

Man of the match: Adam Nicklin (Adam made several fantastic saves in the match especially a diving save in the first half. He made sure Ferriby kept a clean sheet and you can’t ask any more than that)

Match Report By Sam Shepherd.


About ferribyshep

Co-founder, writer and director for FanaticHull
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s