Match Report North Ferriby 1-1 Ilkeston

North Ferriby were left feeling frustrated after a 1-1 draw with bottom of the table Ilkeston. With this being a home match Ferriby will be disappointed they didn’t win especially after they created numerous chances to win the match.


Ferriby started the match like a train and had numerous early chances, although Adam Nicklin did have to make a stunning diving save in the 2nd minute to deny Ilkeston. Ferriby’s first chance came after 6 minutes when Ben Hunter burst into the box, evading two challenges but his shot went wide.


3 minutes later Danny Clarke almost opened the scoring for Ferriby but his header went just over the bar. Ferriby were well and truly on top and this showed in the 12th minute when Ryan Williams looked to be on the verge of shooting before he was tripped in the box and a penalty was deservedly awarded. Williams stepped up to take the penalty. He struck his penalty low to the right but Ilkeston’s goalkeeper Ashley Timms guessed right and dived low to save the penalty.


In the 21st minute Ferriby were made to pay for the penalty miss when a back header from a free kick looped past Adam Nicklin and into the net. The goal was against the run of play and Ferriby would have felt they should have been in the lead already however Ilkeston punished them for being wasteful. 0-1.


Ferriby continued to dominate possession and in the 30th minute Ryan Williams almost made up for his earlier penalty miss when his cross shot beat Timms but hit the bar. Ryan Kendall was the next to miss when he curled a shot wide in the 35th minute. Frustration was growing because Ferriby created so many chances but weren’t putting them away.


Ferriby had the final chance of the half in stoppage time. Russell Fry volleyed high over the bar after he was found from a pinpoint cross, he will feel he should have scored. This ended a half Ferriby had dominated but Ilkeston led because they had taken their one and only chance.


HT Ferriby 0-1 Ilkeston


The second half started just the same as the first with Ferriby dominating but Ilkeston had 10 men behind the ball for most of the half and they frustrated Ferriby.


Ryan Kendall had another chance in the 59th minute when he headed over the bar. Ferriby were throwing everything at Ilkeston but it looked like they weren’t going to break through a resilient Ilkeston defence.


Ferriby finally got a breakthrough with time running out. It was the 88th minute when Nathan Peat received the ball, skipped past two players and slotted the ball through to Ryan Kendall who shot past the despairing Ilkeston goalkeeper and into the net. It was a goal Ferriby thoroughly deserved and it sent s wave of relief round the ground.


Ferriby tried to push for a late winner but Ilkeston held on for a draw.  FT Ferriby 1-1 Ilkeston.


Ferriby will feel relieved and frustrated after this match. They will be relieved they rescued a point but frustrated because they could easily have got all three points if they hadn’t been so wasteful in front of goal. Overall it was a good performance and some of the attacking play was very encouraging. Ferriby will hope to continue their unbeaten run away at Nantwich in their next match.


Man of the Match: Ryan Williams

Match Report By Sam Shepherd




About ferribyshep

Co-founder, writer and director for FanaticHull
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s