Match Report Nantwich Town 2-3 North Ferriby

North Ferriby extended their unbeaten league run to a very impressive 13 matches with their 6th away league win of the season at Nantwich Town. This was a much improved performance from their previous two sluggish performances against Buxton and Ilkeston. They are still four points clear at the top of the league but are now heading into a difficult month and will hope to pick up as many points as possible.


The game started brightly with both teams showing promise in attack. Nantwich had the first half chance in the 4th minute but the snap shot flew wide. Ferriby responded to this in the tenth minute when Dean Lisles had a free header but he put it wide.


Six minutes later Ferriby took the lead, Danny Clarke burst onto a clever ball from Ryan Williams and clattered a shot against the post, luckily for Ferriby loan signing Anthony Wilson slotted home the rebound to score on his debut for Ferriby. 0-1


This didn’t stop Nantwich from attacking and six minutes later they equalised. A shot from Nantwich took a huge deflection off Steve Ridley, beat Adam Nicklin and found it’s way into the net. 1-1


Nantwich were now well on top and took the lead in the 28th minute. The Nantwich winger received the ball and ran right across the face of a flat footed Ferriby defence before smashing the ball into the bottom right hand corner. 2-1


The game was very even after the goal and both teams tried to score more goals. Ferriby always looked the team better equipped to score and just before half time they did. Anthony Wilson sprinted into the box and slotted the ball coolly past the onrushing goalkeeper and into the net. Ferriby deserved to go into half time level because they hadn’t been any worse than Nantwich throughout the first half. 2-2


HT 2-2


Ferriby took the lead virtually straight from the restart. Ryan Kendall headed the ball into the arms on the Nantwich goalkeeper who fumbled with the shot lost his balance slightly and dropped the ball into his own net. This was very unfortunate for the goalkeeper but the goal stood. 2-3


Ferriby started to take the game to Nantwich more and more and had multiple chances to score. In the 54th minute Ryan Kendall tried an overhead kick but it went wide. He then had another chance in the 69th minute when he headed wide from a Ryan Williams cross.


Liam King was the next to have a chance for Ferriby. He found himself deep in the box but he shot just over the bar, King then almost set up Ben Hunter but after good interplay between the two Hunter shot wide.


This was the final chance of the game and Ferriby held on for a vital and encouraging win. Nantwich didn’t have a shot in the entire second half and this was a testament to Ferriby’s solid midfield and defence whilst Kendall and Wilson looked very impressive upfront.


FT 2-3


This was a great win for Ferriby who had never taken anything from Nantwich in any of their previous visits. Anthony Wilson on loan from Conference Premier team Alfreton Town looked very impressive and score two goals on his debut. Ryan Williams was impressive again and Gregg Anderson was as solid as a rock in central defence on his return from injury. Ferriby continue to look fantastic in the league and are maintaining a brilliant unbeaten run.


Man of the Match: Anthony Wilson

Match Report By Sam Shepherd 


About ferribyshep

Co-founder, writer and director for FanaticHull
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s