Match Report Stafford Rangers 0-2 North Ferriby

North Ferriby continued their amazing unbeaten run with a 2-0 win over Stafford Rangers. It wasn’t a brilliant performance but if you can grind out a win when you don’t play well it must be a good sign. With 28 points from the last 30 Ferriby are flying high and are 5 points clear at the top of the league.

 In similar fashion to the Grantham match Ferriby started slowly and Stafford looked much the better team. After 11 minutes Stafford had a fantastic chance to take the lead, Adam Nicklin did brilliantly to save a thunderous shot from Stafford. It really was a brilliant slave and Ferriby were lucky to escape.


Stafford continued to dominate but Ferriby took the lead in the 22nd minute, it was certainly against the run of play. Nathan Peat sent in a brilliant cross from the left, Liam King rose brilliantly and headed the ball on to the post and luckily Russell Fry was there to tap home the rebound. 0-1


In total honesty the first half was extremely dull and neither team created any more real chances. This was understandable because the excuse of a pitch was absolutely awful and was more like a bog than a football pitch. The first half fizzled away with no other incidents so Ferriby went in at half time winning.


HT 0-1


Ferriby did start the second half better and Ryan Kendall was unlucky not to score in the 53rd minute when he chipped the Stafford goalkeeper but saw the chip just skip wide. Four minutes later he almost scored again when Ryan Williams sent Kendall clear with a through ba;; but Kendall’s shot went just wide. Ferriby were on top now but had failed to score.


The game then went into a very flat period with no real chances. Ferriby had the occasional piece of good interplay that came to nothing but apart from this the match was very flat. Stafford realised they had to push on to get a point and in the 80th minute a Stafford shot deflected off a Ferriby defender and the whole ground seem to appeal for a penalty but the referee didn’t give it.


In truth Ferriby were holding on slightly but in the 91st minute they wrapped up all three points when Ryan Kendall was sent one on one with the keeper and he managed to shoot past him to score his 10th goal of the season. 0-2


This was the final incident of the match and Ferriby held on to win 0-2. Man of the match today was Gregg Anderson who brilliantly marshalled the once again solid defence and didn’t put a foot wrong all match. Ferriby will hope to continue this fantastic run in their next match at home to FC United of Manchester.


Match Report by Sam Shepherd. 

About ferribyshep

Co-founder, writer and director for FanaticHull
Aside | This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s