Match Report Kendal Town 2-4 North Ferriby

North Ferriby will be elated and relieve to come away from Kendal with a well deserved win in unusual circumstances. Due to crash on the M6 motorway the Ferriby team coach was stuck in a huge traffic jam and arrived at the ground an hour late. They had been on the coach for 5 hours and the kick off was delayed to 4:30. Despite all this Ferriby stormed to a 4-2 victory and played extremely well. This will please manager Billy Heath who has seen his side improve drastically over the last few weeks.


Ferriby flew out of the blocks and in the 5th minute Ryan Kendall was clear in the box but he scuffed his shot and the shot was saved. This didn’t put Kendall off though and four minutes later he opened the scoring for Ferriby. Gary Bradshaw was through on goal but he squared the ball to Ryan Kendall who finished easily to give Ferriby the lead.  0-1


The game then had a flat 15 minutes until Gary Bradshaw’s corner after 15 minutes almost caught the goalkeeper out and was very close to flying in. 3 minutes later Ferriby and Ryan Kendall doubled there tally for the match. Kendall burst into the box and had his initial shot saved but he kept his composure and scored the rebound.  0-2


This was the last real significant incident of the first half and Ferriby led 0-2 at the break.


The first 10 minutes of the second half provided no real entertainment. In the 56th minute however the game kick started again when Kendal’s Alex Taylor had a shot on the turn from the edge of the box that flew past a stunned Adam Nicklin and into the net.  1-2. Ferriby didn’t sit back and try to defend their lead, instead they immediately attacked and scored almost instantly. 2 minutes after Kendal had scored Gary Bradshaw picked up the ball on halfway, beat two defenders and slid the ball to Ryan Kendall who slotted the ball into the corner to complete his hat trick 1-3.


In the 63rd minute Liam King saw his long drive fly just over the Kendal crossbar. Two minutes later Adam Nicklin ran out of his box but failed to clear the ball and was lucky to see the Kendal striker fail to find his empty net from 45 yards.


The game then had another flat period before Nathan Peat fired a thunderous free kick just wide of the Kendal goal. 5 minutes later Kendal had a slice of luck that got them back in the match. A cross from the left looked to be coming to nothing until it just seemed to hit an oblivious Russell Fry and bounced into the net. This was a very unlucky own goal for Fry. 2-3. Once again Ferriby responded instantly to this setback when just a minute later substitute Jack Muldoon got the ball on the edge of the box and fired under the Kendall goalkeeper to seal the match for Ferriby. 2-4.

This was a fantastic win for Ferriby. They played as a team unit and every player had a great game. Ferriby have built a brilliant attacking force this season with Gary Bradshaw, Ryan Kendall and Jack Muldoon menacing the Kendal defence throughout. This strike force is arguably the best in the league and will go a long way towards Ferriby being successful this season. With five wins in a row scoring 15 goals and conceding only 2, Ferriby are on a fantastic run of form and long may it continue.


About ferribyshep

Co-founder, writer and director for FanaticHull
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s