Match Report AFC Fylde 1-0 North Ferriby


Ferriby: Adam Nicklin, Steve Gardner, Nathan Peat, Liam King (Ryan Kendall, 74), Gregg Anderson, Paul Foot (c), Danny Clarke, Russell Fry, Jack Muldoon (Lee Morris, 79), Gary Bradshaw, Steve Ridley (Chris Hall, 39) Subs not used: Antoni Pecora, Mark Gray

Fylde: Ben Hinchliffe, Phil Doughty, Adam Sumner, Matty Hughes, Glenn Steel (c), Bradley Barnes, Joe Booth, Harry Winter, James Dean (Adam Farrell, 65), Michael Barnes, Jimmy McCarthy (Jack Dorney, 82) Subs not used: Danny McDonald, Adam Carden, Matty Kay

Another away game, another defeat for North Ferriby meaning they have now only secured 1 point from a possible 9 and are 8 points off the playoffs. This turned into a dull affair with both teams looking very poor with little spark in attack. This will anger manager Billy Heath who needs to make some changes to the team.

As in the previous two matches Ferriby began brightly and in the 2nd minute Liam King had a shot from the centre of the box tipped over the bar. He should have scored and Ferriby need to start putting these chances away.

The match then went very quiet with neither team able to string two or three passes together and produced a very poor spectacle. AFC Fylde however took the lead in the 33rd minute with a goal that came from nowhere. The ball was cleared from the Ferriby box and Winter stuck his leg out to meet the ball and it looped over a helpless Nicklin who was rooted to the spot.

Two minutes later Ferriby missed a great chance to equalise when Gregg Anderson rose highest to meet the ball at a corner but headed across the goal rather than towards it. 5 minutes later Ferriby missed another chance when Jack Muldoon glanced a header wide. This was the final incident of the half.

The second half was a bit of a non event with neither side creating much. Fylde had an ambitious half chance in the 59th minute when they had a 50 yard shot tipped over the bar by Nicklin. Fylde then wasted a glorious chance to double there lead in the 67th minute when their striker was one on one with Adam Nicklin but the consistently brilliant goalkeeper managed to narrow his angle and saved well.

The introduction of Ryan Kendall atleast gave Ferriby a different option and he nearly nicked a late equaliser in the 93rd minute when he hit a thunderous 25 yard drive that was just tipped past the post by Hinchliffe, his first real save all game.

Ferriby left this game very disappointed and rightly so. They let themselves, the coaches and the fans down yesterday and will need a big improvement when they welcome Frickley to the Rapid Solicitors stadium on Monday.

Attendance: 239

Man of the match: Adam Nicklin (Only player to come out of the game with any credit)


About ferribyshep

Co-founder, writer and director for FanaticHull
This entry was posted in League Games. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s